TECO Soot Remover Powder
TECO Soot Remover Powder is a dry powder compound, with an active blend of mineral-based salts, containing slag modifiers and carbon
oxidation catalyst. This product is best suitable for safe removal of soot deposits in boiler and diesel engine exhaust systems.
Advantages & Benefits:
- Neutralises acids in the flue gas.
- Increases boiler efficiency.
- Reduces soot fire from occurring.
- Reduces soot and slag deposits by transforming them into dry, powdery ashes that are easily removed.
- Reduces cold end corrosion by neutralising sulphuric acid deposits on surfaces where the temperature is lower than the dew point of the exhaust gas.
- Improves the condition of combustion gas passes in boilers burning heavy fuel oil.
- Improves heat transfer.
- Aids soot blowing due to reduction in deposits.
- Reduces cleaning costs by decreasing maintenance and frequency of cleaning.
- No need to shut down boiler or plant when dosing.
To remove unburned carbon slag deposits from boiler furnaces, superheaters, economizers, air
heaters and exhaust paths/stacks.
Directions for Use:
- Determine the quantity of TECO Soot Remover Powder required by quantity of fuel consumed per boiler per day.
- To do this please see the below dosage chart.
- Introduce the appropriate amount of TECO Soot Remover Powder into the boiler, using either a portable soot blowing injector or fixed soot blowing injector.
- Ensure that the powder is spread evenly throughout the flame path, toward the back of the combustion chamber.
- Inject the TECO Soot Remover Powder directly into the exhaust system upstream of the area to be treated.
- We recommend using a TECO Chemicals soot dosing system for this purpose. But if there is already a soot injector system installed, this will also work.
TECO Soot Remover Powder is available in plastic buckets of 20kg.